When you buy industrial chillers, it needs careful considerations of many aspects.
Right from the delivery of appropriate cooling facility to operational efficiency and cooling capacity to high performance; you need to check everything.
Once you procure the best product from one of the reputed industrial chiller manufacturers, do not think that your responsibility is over.
The installation and maintenance of industrial chillers is not an easy thing. The throughput depends on many factors.
Once you decide the cooling capacity specifications, it is high time to understand what is required for a successful installation?
Specs of the process pump
When you want the appropriate pump for the chiller, a thorough review is essential. From process cooling fluid rate flow to pressure reading and pump efficiency to thermostat performance, there are several parameters to be checked.
A wide range of flow rate and pressure capabilities are the characteristics of centrifugal and positive displacement pumps.
If the pump is to be used to determine the in-line filtration of the cooling fluid, then you should consider the manufacturer first.
In large applications where high flow rare and high pressure is expected, you may need a pressure-relief bypass for additional safety.
A fluid bypass ensures that there is no damage due to the occlusion in the flow path of the chiller fluid. Also, it adjusts the inline pressure to the cooling application by doing a fine adjustment.
When you call one of the seasoned industrial chiller manufacturers, you should specify the requirement well. Don’t forget to include the periodic maintenance of the bypass while signing the contract.
When you install the chiller, placement is important
According to industry experts, it is very much important to choose the right place for installing an industrial chiller.
- Proximity, installation quality and integration to the condenser application determine the process performance.
- The heat loss should be kept minimal by using right insulation tubes and pipes.
- Always keep the minimal bands in the flow circuit.
- Use pipes of appropriate diameter.
- While designing the fluid flow path, choose one that offers the lowest external fluid volume and efficient length.
- Connectors and pipes should avoid flow restriction in the fluid.
- Insulate the piping, tubing, adapters, and connectors well.
- Choose the right cooling medium.
The more efficient is your installation, the better the performance is. Also, you should maintain the chiller well to get relentless performance year after year.